- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 1/4 cup of natural/monk fruit sweetener – sub coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 scoop of Beforeyouspeak Caramel Creamer – optional but makes it taste like butterscotch!
- 1/2-1 sachet of Beforeyouspeak One OG or Cinnamon Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt + extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup of good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla almond milk - or milk of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 175ºC/350ºF
- Line a small baking dish (or mini loaf pan) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, lightly whisk your egg.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except chocolate, cacao, almond milk and coffee and stir to combine.
- Fold through chocolate.
- Pour 3/4 of your blondie batter into your prepared baking dish and set aside.
- To your remaining blondie batter, add cacao, almond milk and coffee and stir to combine.
- Randomly place spoonfuls of your brownie batter on to your blondie mix and use a knife or toothpick to swirl through the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden and a toothpick has just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes (if you can) – sprinkle with salt.
Makes 4 large, 6 medium or 9 bite-size blondies.
Recipe by Emma Swanston (@emsswanston)